Monday, March 23, 2009

Interesting call

Had an interesting call today, started out as a typical raccoon call. Customer stated that they had at least two raccoons living in the hay loft of her horse barn. She asked about diseases that raccoons can carry, and we had a short discussion about rabies. We also talked about raccoon roundworm with explained to my customer that it is located in the raccoon feces, and can be contracted through handling the feces or breathing the dust. She further inquired about the likehood that her horses could contract the disease. I told her I wasn't sure and that I would do some research and get back to her. After a little research I was able to inform her that allthough rare it could be contracted. Learn something everyday.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, It really is incredibly fantastic and informative website. Good to discover your site Very well article! I’m simply in love with it.
    ________________________________
    Raccoon Removal Pedricktown

    ReplyDelete